Friday, January 14, 2005

Thoughts on Paper II

Off the notes as my fingers bleed,
I lay down and I wonder.
Was it worth a try, was it worth a cry,
Why not just surrender.

My heart still beats so I know it's there,
And it doesn't cry, no more.
A little peace I felt in a burning flair,
So I curse that fire, no more.
To leave aside my hall of pain,
I wish to fly no more.
I guess I was on the other side
When I wondered why no more

It's not the same as I hold my thoughts
The wounds of guilt wont heal.
Empty lies of broken words,
I wrote down what I feel.

I chose to be in the darkest place,
So the light will fail no more.
The words would hurt if the walls could hear,
So I tell my tale no more.
I've heard he walked on the ocean's waves,
I but I hear them hail no more.
I guess he walks on the other side
Where the boats just sail no more.

(Iffi, Jan 9, 2005)

3 Comments:

Blogger neurotica said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:03 PM  
Blogger neurotica said...

..i keep returning to read over this one. ..a tonic of sorrow with a dash of bitterness for the soul.

Perfectly Worded.


jia

3:03 PM  
Blogger me said...

Thoughts On Paper 1 & 2 ~
reminds me a time span I'd been through... per it never hurted me at that time as much as it did after I was over it all...
& reading these lines takes me to that part of my life... :$ *shuts up*

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home