Tuesday, November 11, 2008

new beginnings

Everything begins from a point and ends at a point.. now that could be a life, a race, a career, or a world... Recently I've come across a point in my life where I have been before. I'm not saying I never thought I'd be here again and yet I am... So what would be my next step, i ask myself. My answer, just like the last time, I don't know.

Things have changed quite a bit since the beginning of this year... funny thing is, I wasn't setting up a resolution at that time to do any of it. I'm not one of those who think that the beginning of a year means setting up priority or making promises to oneself to achieve something that has been out of our grasps... that's why I never make new year's resolutions when the clock strikes 12... At least not anymore... I have come to realize that I can decide when I want to make a change and what kind of change it's going to be... there is no time restriction on it... there shouldn't be... unless it's out of one's control.. Anyway... like I was saying... things have changed quite a bit.

Right now I own a few things that I didn't think I was going to buy... I'm working at a place where I never thought I was going to work. I'm doing a few thing that I never thought I was going to do. And... I achieved a few goals that I didn't think I needed to achieve. But now, I'm planning for things to come. The humor in this story is that all of this started without a reason and a plan... Now I know that there are quite a few people who would be reading this and thinking to themselves, what the hell is he talking about... but hey, by now you should know... I don't really care if you understand any of this. I'm writing this just for the heck of it... just to some day turn back and reflect on a few things.

Anyway... like I was saying.. I'm planning a few things... I've given myself a few targets to hit. Things that are suppose to be done. Things that must be done. And like always, I've given myself a time frame. Things are needed to be done by the end of that time frame or I would consider it a lost cause. Even thou it would translate to some degree of success, it wouldn't be worth its measure. Now this might sound a bit cruel but I do believe goals are meant to be achieved with complete devotion to the cause... there is no half way there or almost there... We are either there at the finish line or We are not... If you understand what I'm saying then live by that philosophy and you'll see success in anything you're working on... as long as you've given yourself the right time frame to achieve that goal.. I maybe passionate about my goals and yet I might take pride in achieving them but I'm also realistic and therefore optimistic. Without hope there is no reason to pursue anything and without reason there is no cause to have an effect.

That's really all I have to say for now... I'll update this blog in the future. But for now.. this should do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home