Monday, November 14, 2005

A Cigar and A Matchbox

Today I bought my self a cigar. Haven't smoked it yet but soon I will. It looked good in the window and it smells even better after I had it in my hand. I paid the guy 10 bucks for the thing and for some reason the guy at the shop was somewhat happy. I've been in sales quite a long time so I know when a man is happy for making a sale and this wasn't that happiness.

As he took the cigar out of the box I said to him, "They say that it's a good thing to light the cigar with a match insted of a lighter. It keeps the texture and taste of the cigar intact." Needless to say he agreed with me and that knode told me that he himself likes to smoke a cigar once in a while when he's in the mood. Or when there is an occasion.

I asked him if I can buy a match from him. He looked around for one and here and there his eyes kept coming back to the cigar. There was a look on his face as if he's remembering some of the times from his past when at night he had a cigar in his hands as he relaxes on his favorite seat, enjoying the evening.

He found the match box and then placed it on the glass top of his counter which were showing some remaining lottery tickets. I asked him what the price was so that I can pay him and be on my way. He looked into my eyes and gave me a smile. "Take it, don't worry about it" he said as he closed the cash register. "Thanks" I said. "You have your self a great evening." he said as he wiped off some of the dust that was on top of counter. "Thanks. You too... Bye" I replied to him and started to walk toward the door.

But the best part about this one is that it reminds me of my country. I don't exactly know what it is that I'm remembering from it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home